In a world where technology allows supreme comfort and convenience in every season, ACs have become a core part of our everyday life.
However, this important asset can be easily left in bad condition if proper and prompt attention is not given to its timely and well-rounded maintenance.
There is no way one can be caught off guard in a wrong weather as an AC conks off. To avoid such situations, remember to:
1. Pay heed to small signs that call notice for quick AC maintenance services. This entails annual tune-ups, timely optimization for a particular weather change, damage cracks fix-up, odd sounds, outdoor unit’s unfamiliar look, skewed airflow, leaks or other duct-related issues.
2. Loose fittings should not be taken lightly and AC repair companies should be alerted in time.
3. Opt for an AC maintenance service that does timely checks for thermostats, ducts, batteries, refrigerants etc.
4. It is advisable to ensure clean filters, ducts before the summer sets in. AC maintenance services can also take care of dirt-clean-ups and airflow checks.
5. AC maintenance companies should also provide lubrication and equipment optimization advice.
6. Look for service providers who can optimize and increase the life-cycle of the equipment.
7. Keep monitoring the AC throughout summers for performance snags and call AC repair companies if something goes awry. Take cognizance of load circulation and air quality along with basic cooling during maintenance.
8. It is better to have a look at the manual for automatic settings once in a while for avoiding over-runs. Make time for maintenance for areas like battery and thermostat from time to time.
9. Preventive AC maintenance is always better than reactive AC repair.
As a general rule you have to replace your air conditioning filters or clean reusable filters at least four times in a year and more frequently during high usage period. AC filters provide a range of values. It is as per the price you pay. So ensure to buy the one which provides many benefits that your money can buy.
The following are some of the AC filter options usually available in the market.
1. Fiberglass filters: These are cost effective and can help in blocking large dust particles.
2. Electrostatic filters: They are washable and their static charge attracts dust, dirt and other matters.
3. Pleated filters: These trap and eliminate large allergens like pollen and mold.
4. Electronic air cleaners: These create an ionized electrical field to eliminate almost all pollen and mold.
To ensure you regularly tune-up your AC, inspect the following;
Coolant levels and pressure
Calibrate thermostat and cycle & temperature
Wiring, contacts, capacitors and relays
Evaporator coil and condensate drain are clean and clear.
Condenser fan motor and blades;
Compressor amps during the startup phase
Once you make room for some basic points at proper intervals of time, hire the right AC repair companies and plan for appropriate AC maintenance services. Your AC assets will continue to serve you as per your expectations and to the optimal satisfaction across a reasonable lifecycle. Assets can always malfunction but they always give small signs that when properly attended, make maintenance and repair of ACs a fruitful and rewarding exercise. Choose AC maintenance services wisely and contribute your bit in keeping the AC running well and long.